Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Story or The Romantic Scammer from Hell Part I

One day in March 2010 I opened my Facebook page at work and had a message from an unknown man who wanted to get to know me, it read:


Anthony Alves March 12 at 6:36am Report



Hi Debb,




I am a 6ft 2inch tall 51yr old romantic dude,i like a candle lit


dinner, warm fire and a great wine to stimulate the senses also i do have a good sense of humour. I like your profile and will love to get to know you better.I will send you my pics upon request.






contact me via my personal email id: alvest101@yahoo.com or better still send me your email id.






Hope to hear from you soon.


Warm Regards


Tony


I didn't answer for several days but I must admit I was flattered and intrigued, my first mistakes, followed by many more... But I did answer asking if we could be friends on Facebook but alas, this was his reply:


Anthony Alves March 14 at 7:43pm Report



Hi Debb,






Thanks for your response.... i would love to send you pics but i cant do it on here cos i am not trusting of this site... pls dont blame me for being cautious.i will give you detail infomation about my self and send you as many pics as you want if you send me your email address... i will more comfortable correspending with you that way and not on here where......






I love to hear back from you


Tony


So, the story progressed that he lost his wife in a February 2004 car crash (never did get the details) and he and his now 18 year old daughter have only had each other since then. He said he was a successful dentist but left private practice 10 years ago to set dental clinics around the world as a contractor. When we "met" he was finishing a job in Cardiff, Wales and had two more jobs lined up in Iran and Canada. After a few more emails he convinced be to set up Yahoo Messenger so we could chat nightly (in fact he would get up every night at 3:00AM to chat with me in Nevada at 7:00PM my time). His "daughter" was at University in the U.K. studying International Law and Diplomacy, she is his pride and inspiration. She is also not his daughter but his accomplice.


He is consistent with his name Anthony "Tony" "Mathew" Alves but his daughters name tends to change with the scam from Inessa to Vanessa. Tony story is his father was American and his mother was Finnish, he was born in New York but the family moved to Turku, Finland when he was 2 years old. His father died when he was the "tender age of 9" (his words) and his mother died of cancer in 2006. He has no siblings but there is an uncle and cousin that is mentioned throughout the scam.


More tomorrow...If this story is familiar at all please get in touch with me at Debi1954@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment